2016 Ohio Stormwater Conference Registration Now Open
May 4–6, 2016
Sharonville Convention Center
Presented by Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners and the Ohio Stormwater Association.
The Conference offers a unique opportunity to directly interact with over 600 representatives from many organizations, all of whom have interest in stormwater and watershed management issues and technologies. This call for abstracts is your invitation to join a broad range of professionals and be part of a dialogue addressing issues associated with stormwater and watershed management in Ohio. The presenters and attendees will include elected officials, scientists, engineers, academia, planners, governmental employees, regulators, conservationists, and vendors. Professionals in state and local government, the consulting community, academia, and others are invited to make presentations on case studies, research projects and current policy questions during the Conference‘s workshops sessions.
The 2016 Conference is expected to be the biggest one yet with over 80 exhibitors and 75 speakers over six tracks of concurrent sessions, including:
- Watershed Planning, Implementation, and Restoration
- Stormwater and MS4 Program Management
- Monitoring, Modeling and Research
- Stormwater Practice Planning and Design
- Industrial Stormwater Management
- Legal Issues in Stormwater and Watershed Management
- Managing Stormwater in Transportation Projects
- Reducing Combined Sewer Overflows
- Additional Presentations and Posters of Interest
TCWP Awarded Funds for Stream Restoration Planning
Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners (TCWP) has been awarded a $50,000 Cuyahoga AOC Habitat Restoration Project Planning grant from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. Funds will be used to create plans for habitat restoration projects in the watershed.
Four projects have been identified in Hudson, Streetsboro, and Warrensville Heights based on the Tinker’s Creek Watershed Action Plan (WAP), a state endorsed document that identifies the issues in the watershed and projects to improve watershed conditions. TCWP will work with watershed communities to identify three additional projects to receive restoration planning.
Full press release can be found here.
Project updates can be found here.
TCWP Training Offerings:
TCWP is offering training opportunities on watershed management practices for landowners, community professional, and municipal workers. These training will help communities meet MS4 permit requirements. TCWP is an OEPA certified trainer for the following topics:
- Bioretention and Rain Garden Implementation and Maintenance
- Detention/Retention Basins Maintenance
- Permeable Pavement Maintenance
- Green Roof Implementation and Maintenance
- Rainwater Harvesting Practices and Maintenance
- Trees as SCM: Proper Selection, Planting, and Maintenance
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping Overview
Contact Babette at [email protected] or 330-963-6243 to schedule a training.
Water Resilient Cities Conference:
- Date: April 21-22, 2016
- Call for presentations link (due by January 30,2016)
- Photo contest link (due by March 25, 2016)
- For more information: https://www.csuohio.edu/urban/events/Water-Resilient-Cities-Conference
Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners Meetings
TCWP holds monthly meetings alternating between in person and phone meetings.
Please contact Babette at [email protected] for meeting times and locations.